Help with Registering

Hi, i have just bought a 1965 Buick registered in Ireland. Could anybody help me with instructions of how to register it. I think ?? i have to do a NOVA declaration first and fill in a V55 after that. I believe i wont pay duty? or VAT? 

it also said that a letter from the enthusiasts club with vin and tag breakdown can help?
cheers
Andy

i have just rejoined AACNW and was a member when i had a Camaro around the time of the Thirsty Turtle breakfast runs. Then ran a green 68 Impala SS427 for a while. I sold my street cars and been drag racing since 2007 with Doomsday Impala. Back in the street car gang tho now. 

Comments

• edited May 23

Firstly welcome back as a member and to the website.

You would need a letter from a Buick owners club preferably,  I went down a similar route with my Mustang.

This is the US site.

http://www.buickclub.org/

There should be someone on there who knows how to do this, it must have been asked before.

I'm not sure if there is a UK owners club.

• Hi Andy, if it's Northern Ireland itsijuit' change of owner, if it's Southern then yes V55 and Nova.
    If you're a full member of AACNW then then our valuation and tag breakdownshould be okay.
    Iv's used one of our clubs when importing a vehicle from USA without a title.
    Good luck
    Sue
  • Hi, yes its a Dublin Registered car, so i guess i need to do NOVA and V55 ?. i have joined and pretty much done all the VIN and TAG research before buying it, but it would be a big help if i could get an official document from the club. I dont have a club magazine yet so dont have any contact details of the best person? Can somebody point me in the right direction?
    cheers for your help
    Andy

• edited May 23

I can do a valuation but that's all I have the forms for.

I will have a word with our Chairman, but I need to have a word with him first as I don't want to promise if we cant deliver.

• Hi Gordon, Barrie did ours for us, he did them for others too as part of his role as valuator. Looks pretty straight forward form, he might strill have the template.
  • It would be, if I [ or anyone] had a letter from DVLA to say they were recognised as such, unfortunately no-one except Barrie has one.

Maybe if you had a word with Barrie?

He has officially stepped down so might not want to do it which I understand, I have spoken to Hugh and all we can do atm is give valuations.

• ok, no worries, i dont have a contact for Barrie, the internet is full of resources to do it yourself, which i have done, but need it in an official capacity :-(