A thousand hellos,

Hi Guys, My name is Peter I have just paid my subs so thought its time to introduce myself, as a retired racer and lover of cars for over 50 years I was down at the Brookland's festival of speed some six weeks ago, after a day of appreciating all those fine cars I had a stroke on the way out.

After a week in Portsmouth Hospital I was transferred to Wythenshawe, as I laid bored to tears in bed I was determined that if I was going to pass I want to go through the gates with tyres burning with lots of BHP, I have had many supercars and some really fast cars but nothing with over 1000 BHP, so to cut a long story short I bought Tim Porters UBB Mustang and at over 1000 BHP it certainly gets your attention.

My garage now houses over 2000 BHP in cars and motorbikes I feel satisfied in many ways, this is the second and possibly last American car I will own my previous yank was a Dodge Viper, I am looking forward to meeting many of you at the shows and exhibitions this summer

Comments

• Hi Peter, welcome to the club and the hopefully soon to be revamped website.

Sounds like you had a very lucky "escape" if that's the correct word and I hope your recovery was a good one.

That sounds more like a missile than a car and I hope we get to see it at some point!

For those of you unfamiliar with the car:    http://www.stangtv.com/news/ubb-widow-maker-ford-mustang-filming-for-top-gear-uk/

• Hi Pete,

Having suffered 2 strokes myself I know what a long slow struggle it is to get up and running fully so good luck.

Love the Widow Mustang, not a fan of Mustangs except for a few exceptions that being one of them.

It's awful not being able to drive for a while but I can tell you, you'll enjoy it even more when you can again.

Anyway, hoping you a speedy recovery and hope to see you at the shows.